Yesterday marked the first of the 2017 Discovery Plot Days; they continue today and into next week.
Kevin Carlson, Federated's senior agronomist encouraged growers to come to Discovery Plot Days and learn how to start a management plan or how to improve on current management plans.He offered this explanation as to why such plans matter.
Growers need to "start with leading genetics, then protect them with traits and a solid weed management program designed around problem weeds that is more sustainable and durable for the future. I see weed resistance as one of the most significant threats to our growers today and it comes down to management."
Come. (Tours start at 10 a.m.) Get in on the discussion. Start planning. And enjoy a free lunch following the tour. RSVP to your Federated Agronomist.
Other topics on the tours include:
- 2018 Hybrid/Variety Choices
- 2018 Soybean Trait Choices
- An Introduction to Balance™ GT and GTLL in Soybeans
- Weeds are adaptable: Are WE adapting?
- Fall Nutrient Management
- Giant Ragweed and Waterhemp Management Update
- Today, Tues., Aug. 22 - Isanti - Paul Bostrom Farm
- Wed., Aug. 23 - Albertville - Lennemen Farm
- Thurs., Aug. 24 - Princeton - Wilhelm Farm
- Fri., Aug. 25 - Sauk Rapids - Lezer Farm
- Mon., Aug. 28 - Rush City - Mold Farm
- Tues., Aug. 29 - Hinckley - Nate Nelson Farm
- Wed., Aug. 30 - Ogilvie - Steffens Farm