- About Us
- Contact Us
Strong Soybean Varieties for 2016 Fields
Even as the 2015 crops come off the fields, it's time to consider seed options for 2016. Federated Co-ops, Inc. offers strong soybean options with varieties that fit every farm.
Duane Droogsma, Federated agronomist at the Rush city location, said, "We stock five bulk soybean varieties that are good for all soils." These "defensive" bulk beans, all of which are soybean cyst beans, include the following:
- Legend LS09R606N
- Asgrow 1431
- This variety was introduced in 2011 and is the bean everyone compares to, according to Droogsma. "Everyone wants to beat this one," he said.
- Asgrow 1435
- This variety replaces 1431; in all likelihood, 1431 will not be available after 2016.
These five early beans are good in most of the Federated service area. "We also offer Croplan and Renk soybeans," said Droogsma, "but not in bulk."
Growers in areas to the west and south, serviced by Federated's Albertville location, have additional full-season soybean options. According to Bob Marquette, Federated agronomist at Albertville, growers in these areas should consider:
- Asgrow AG1935
- This tall, bushy variety is very offensive, produces top yields on best soils.
- NK S20-T6
- This variety has great standability, good white mold tolerance, and is good on brown stem rot.
- Croplan R2C1572
- This variety has excellent stress tolerance, is both offensive and defensive, and goes anywhere.
- Legend LS20R663N
- This variety had great lodging resistance.
- NK S15-P1
- This variety has strong white mold resistance, great top-end yield, and goes anywhere.
Contact your Federated Agronomist to order your 2016 seed, or with questions about which varieties are best for your farm.